Crystal Clear Dechlorinator Even low levels of chlorine and chloramines can be extremely toxic to fish. Chlorine is a very powerful oxidizing agent and it is toxic to fish at concentrations of less than 0.05 mg/L.
Water used for fish culture should not contain any residual chlorine to be considered safe. Chlorine and chloramines cause gill damage which eventually results in gill lesions. These lesions will eventually thicken the gill filaments leaving the fish unable to utilize oxygen and release carbon dioxide, thus resulting in fish death. CrystalClear Dechlorinator (Liquid/Dry) will work to break the chlorine and chloramine bonds (chlorine + ammonia = chloramine) and reduce the chlorine and ammonia down to non-toxic levels.
CrystalClear Dechlorinator (Liquid) is phosphate and nitrate free, safe for fish and plants and has a shelf life of 3 years.
|CC013-8||Dechlorinator 8 oz 48000 Dry||$ 11.99||C a l l|
|CC013-2||Dechlorinator 2 lb 192000 Dry||$ 31.50||C a l l|